Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Merry Christmas


We are getting so excited for Christmas around here. Although it is quite weird not to be freezing and have no snow. But it certainly is christmasy inside our house.
We have been baking yummy treats. Ruby's treat of choice is pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. which is way more fall or thanksgiving to me, but she loves em, so we have made a couple of batches and they always disappear fast.
I have been doing little projects to make more Christmas decorations.
Who doesn't want more Christmas????
This is such an easy banner to make.
All you need is paper, twine and Holly leaves and berries
I cut out the letters with my Cricut and glued them to white squares.
You'll notice that my white squares aren't uniform. I wanted them to look random and hand done, to give it an older vintage look.
I punched a hole in the top of each square and then reinforced the hole.
Then I tied each square individually with twine to a long strand of twine.
To finish it, I hot glued Holly leaves and berries where I wanted them.
I love the traditional look of this banner.
I liked it so much I made one for my mom and my mother-in-law.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Cool idea! How did you reinforce the holes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love banners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elyse, what a pretty banner. Thanks so much for sharing. We don't have any snow at the moment either and it is most unusual for us. A lot of people will be disappointed if we don't have snow on Christmas day, they won't be able to play with their "snow toys". I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...