Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Felt Garland




I have loved this garland ever since I saw it here on this amazing blog Me oh My by my friend Nicole. I have been looking forward to making it for this Christmas season and I'll tell you what I couldn't be happier. It is so easy, there is no sewing involved, just a lot of cutting so get ready for that. My friend Janan and I made them together and her finger was numb for a week from all of the cutting.
I am loving felt right now and all of the great things there are to make with it, so after the garland was made I used the leftover felt to make a circle garland. I just cut random sized circles and lined them up in the random order that I wanted and then sewed them together. It is so cute and just adds that extra little bit to anything. I have one on a window opening with all of the vintage ceramic figurines that my mom gave me. These little pieces remind me of my childhood.

I couldn't stop there, so I made a garland for the tree


My little Ru made this gingerbread elf for school
She had it all planned out and knew exactly what she wanted.
Cute thing

Linked to:
Today's Creative Blog
Transformation Thursday

1 comment:

  1. What a cute garland! I love Ruby's short hair and all your creativeness with her costumes and holiday decor. You guys look great and I'm glad you're enjoying some WARM weather, lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...