Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Big Easy

After Clint's graduation we took a quick trip down to New Orleans. Ever since we moved to Alabama I have wanted to go.....I guess we are total procrastinators because we literally left it to the last minute. But it was so fun cause we got to take My Mom and Dad and Clint's Mom and Noah which made it fun, especially for Ruby.



On the way we stopped and checked out the USS Alabama. It really was amazing.
Those ships are like little cities.
It had a butcher shop, a bakery, a tailor and so many other things that I wouldn't have even thought of.  

 
 


The whole gang walking up to the ship I thought this thing was totally cool. It is how they would keep track of who was on the boat



  I thought this thing was totally cool. It is how they would keep track of who was on the boat. If you left the boat while it was docked you would turn your name so it couldn't be seen and that is how they would know who was aboard and who wasn't

 
 


New Orleans was pretty amazing. It is kind of unreal. Like no other place that I have ever been.
There are people everywhere. And we weren't even there at a busy time.
I loved all the buildings. The architecture and all the colors. I just wanted to take pictures of everything I saw.


I did take lots of pictures of doors. I don't know why, but I love doors. 
And New Orleans didn't disappoint. I'll spare you and just show you a few.


 

 
 


Look at all of these doors.
Lovely 
 




 


Ruby even got a mask.
She loved it and of course got the only one in the store with the fringed beads.
No surprise there.
She wore it around like that the entire night


Ruby was super excited to ride the street cars because we told her that it was the same on that Tiana rode in The Princess and The Frog.


Tulane University. It was right along the street car line and It was beautiful


The last stop we made on our way out of town was this old cemetery.
I love all the history you can see and feel in cemeteries. It's almost peaceful to me.
And this cemetery did not disappoint.
Check it out.

I think I might need to hang this one up in my house somewhere. Even though I don't do crosses. So I probably won't, but
I just love the sun peaking over the cross






My cute dad giving Ruby some lesson about the cemetery



So maybe I will choose one of these two to hang in my house.
But then again it might be a little too creepy considering it is a tomb.
But don't you think they look cool.










There was this cute little prayer room there. It looked like a miniature church.
Ruby was amazed by the whole thing.



We loved New Orleans and were so sad to only have a few days there. Especially because we knew we had to get home and finish packing the moving truck and head to North Carolina.
But we were glad we decided to go and so glad that we got to go with family and friends.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time! So glad you got to see and enjoy New Orleans...such a fun city with so much mystique! Love all the pictures and doors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks so fun! I would love to go! That picture of ruby in the prayer room is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pictures! My favorite was Ruby in the prayer room. I also love pictures of doors too...and yes, yours were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the picture is creepy at all...it's beautiful! And now I really want to go to New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...