Saturday, May 19, 2012

Skinny Capri

I received this J Crew catalog in the mail this past week
 


 

And I fell in love with these immediately


The Cafe Capri

So I thought I would try it out. I had bought these old navy pants at a thrift store a long time ago and was just waiting for something to transform them. And the Cafe Capri was the perfect project.
This is what they looked like before.
Sorry for the pictures, I have to figure out where and how to take pictures at our new house and without Clint. Since he is now deployed to Afghanistan, he won't be much help to me.



Here is the after.
I like the way they turned out and for $3.00 It makes me super happy to wear them.

If you can sew a straight line you can easily do this projects.
I just grabbed a pair of my pants that I wanted the Capri's to fit like and I turned them both inside out.
then I just traced a line down the grey pants where I should stitch the seam
then I tried them on and once they fit how I wanted them I cut the extra fabric off.
And there you have it.
Super fast and easy.


Linked to:
Lolly Jane 
Today's Creative Blog 
Classy Clutter
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Those turned out so dang cute, I'm gonna try this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! And I love the shoes! :) I plan to get a sewing machine immediately after returning to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, What you don't have a machine. Oh that is a must. I am glad you will be getting one soon.

      Delete
  3. Great job at transforming those into capris! They look great! So glad I found your blog I am your newest follower via GFC. I am an Army wife too, living in Chesapeake VA! Keep your chin up during your hubby's deployment, it can be tough....My husband has been deployed to Afghanistan twice. Its not easy for you and your family, but the pride you have in him and being a military family will help you get thru the lonely and often long days till he gets back home. Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your kind words. It is so true about the pride you feel in them. It definitely helps.

      Delete
  4. Those are so CUTE!!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo cute. Your awesomeness continues:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...